Discover your capacity to provide purposeful and powerful support to your students during and after pregnancy.
Pregnancy and the postpartum period are dynamic transitions. Learn how to harness yoga’s potent tools and champion your students in realizing their strengths and their capacities within a supportive, trauma-informed community.
This comprehensive and in-depth study of how yoga can increase self-confidence and self-care in each of the four trimesters works easily with your schedule, prepares you for teaching prenatal and postpartum students, and strengthens your teaching skills.
Join me for one of the following options:
- 85-Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification: Certify with Yoga Alliance to teach prenatal and postnatal yoga. This experiential training includes all 5 weekends, 10 hours of observation, and a final project. All requirements must be met for certification with Yoga Alliance.
- Early Bird Price by Dec. 31, 2018: $1,350
- Full Price: $1,450
- 40-Hour Immersion: Refine your ability to teach for prenatal and postnatal students. This options includes the first three weekends plus 1 hour of prenatal yoga observation.
- Early Bird Price: $650
- Full Price: $725
- Single weekends: Curious but not ready to commit? Join us for a single weekend to boost your knowledge and gain new skills
- Price: $300
- Single workshop: Come into a single workshop for in-depth information on a topic close to you. Public workshops are offered for CEUs through Yoga Alliance.
Increase your base of knowledge, sharpen your ability to tailor for your students, and teach confidently and sensitively.
The Details: 5 Weekends, January through May
January 26 & 27: Understanding Pregnancy & Childbirth in the US
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Overview, Anatomy, and Complications
- Pregnancy Culture in the US
- Sequencing for 1st through 3rd Trimesters
February 23 & 24: Teaching for the First through Third Trimesters
- Teaching Prenatal Yoga for 1st through 3rd Trimesters
- Pelvic Floor Health
March 16-17: The Fourth Trimester: Postpartum Care & Support
- The Postpartum Journey: Overview, Anatomy, and Challenges
- Stabilizing and Strengthening Core Strength: Diastasis Recti
- Supporting Postpartum Mental Health
- Sequencing for Postnatal Classes
April 13-14: Exploring Ahimsa’s Heart: Creating Safe Spaces for Students
- Creating Trauma-Informed and Inclusive Spaces
- Supporting Pregnancy Loss and Holding Space for Grief
- Crafting a Prenatal Partners Workshop
- Exploring Ethics in Prenatal and Postpartum Yogic Care
May 18-19: Refining Our Teaching
- Practicum for Student Teaching
- Yogic Philosophy and the Birth World
About the Teacher:
Winter Brown, PhD, C-IAYT, ERYT-500, RPYT, has been teaching prenatal yoga for nearly seven years. She firmly believes that pregnancy and the postpartum period can offer an empowering journey that affirms people’s experiences and cultivates their intuition. She strives to create classes that are inclusive, trauma-sensitive, and empowering for her students and that honor diverse birthing experiences.
Understanding Your Pelvic Floor
February 24, 2019, 1 pm to 4 pm, at Dragonfly Yoga Livermore
A healthy pelvic floor creates more stability in your body, deepens your breath, and supports your internal organs. A healthy pelvic floor is flexible, neither too tight nor too weak, but the ways in which we stand, sit, and move can harden or continue to weaken our pelvic floor.
Gain tools for better understanding and working with your pelvic floor. You’ll increase your understanding of the three layers of the pelvic floor muscles and how they work in concert with each other, your breath, and your abdominal muscles. You’ll learn how to gauge whether your pelvic floor is too tight, too weak, or a combination of the two. And you’ll learn some exercises that will bring a little love to your pelvic floor.
Modifying Vinyasa Classes for Pregnant Students
April 14, 2019, 12 pm to 2 pm, at Dragonfly Yoga Livermore
Are you ready to empower pregnant students who come to your classes? Learn how major physiological changes of pregnancy affect yoga practice and easy modifications that you can incorporate into your flow. You’ll leave with an enhanced toolkit for teaching and understanding how yoga can support pregnancy.
This workshop is perfect for you if you are a yoga teacher who wants to create safe and empowering classes for all of your students. This workshop is also for pregnant practitioners who want to learn how their current yoga practice can support their pregnancy.
*All workshops and weekends are available for CEUs with Yoga Alliance
photo by Steve Clarke